In addition to badly photoshop nicely-fonted words onto plain backgrounds and taking pictures using increasingly expensive lenses, I also do research on foams at Imperial College London. As a result, I write things (almost blog like). Here are some of these ‘things’ for your enjoyment:
A Short (but pun-y) Introduction to Foams series
- So it begins: A Rigorous Definition of Foams?
- Take 2: A Bubble New World
- A thing I nicked.. a visual introduction to Voronoi diagrams
- Who burst your bubble?
- Simba (a guide to bubbles in microgravity)
- The mechanical biology (part I of membrane physics)
- The differential geometric biology (part II of membrane physics)
- How (not) to detect fake whiskey with bubbles
(Heavily mathematical stuff not for general consumption)
Some notes I made on research papers: These will evolve in time to include much more details than their original paper with current research. [Severe typo warning!]
- Generalised lubrication theory (generally based on Oron, Davis and Bankoff 1997 without considerations of the moving contact line)